Friday, July 29, 2005

"Home Alone" (1990)


This perennial holiday blockbuster stars Macaulay Culkin as Kevin, an 8 year old boy left home alone when his large family forgets to take him on holiday. He uses his ingenuity to defend his home and himself from two bumbling burglars.

The following exchange is between Kevin's mother (played by Catherine O'Hara) and an airport ticket agent (played by Alan Wilder):

KATE MCCALLISTER


I have been awake for almost 60 hours. I'm tired and I'm dirty. I have been from Chicago to Paris to Dallas to... where the hell am I?

AIRPORT TICKET AGENT


Scranton.

Later, John Candy tells Kate, "You're in Scranton, ma'am."

Home Alone is available to borrow on DVD and VHS from the Lackawanna County Library System. If you'd like to reserve the DVD, click here; for the VHS, click here instead.

No comments: