Friday, December 05, 2008

The History of the Snowman by Bob Eckstein (2007) Also Contains A Scranton Reference

I just finished reading Bob Eckenstein's The History of the Snowman and I absolutely loved it. What a clever book that was so much fun to read. Yes, I was nicely surprised that Mr. Eckstein is a native of Hawley, PA, but I was also pleasantly surprised when I got to page 153 of the book and saw an illustration with a reference to Scranton.

In a side blurb to the text titled "What's in the Snowman's Future?" Eckstein ponders why the snowman has not become the symbol or mascot for a major sports team. And in a collection of four potential logos of snowman-inspired sports teams,Eckstein suggests the following names: Spokane Snowmen, Philadelphia Frosties, Schuylkill Chill, and (my personal favorite, of course), Scranton Snowball Heads.

A nice local touch to an incredibly groovy piece of literature.

And don't forget that Bob Eckstein will be presenting at Albright Memorial Library on Thursday, January 8th from 6-8 PM. For more information on this event, click here.

No comments: