Thursday, January 20, 2011

Awesome Article on The Filming of Blue Valentine in Scranton In This Week's Weekender (Vol. 18, Issue 10, January 19-25, 2011)

This week's issue of The Weekender (Vol. 18, Issue 10, January 19-25, 2011) features a cover story on the filming of the acclaimed film Blue Valentine, which was filmed in Scranton and other areas of NEPA (including the Reference Department at Albright Memorial Library). The article, written by Amy Longsdorf, features exclusive interviews with director Derek Cianfrance and stars Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling about filming in Scranton, Carbondale, and other areas in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

My favorite quote is at the end of the article, where Michelle Williams talks about her experience sharing a house with Ryan Gosling near Carbondale, PA for a month to prepare for the film's scenes charting the crumbling of their relationship:

"I feel like it’s a place that I’ve lived. I would include that in my stops through life, like, ‘Oh, yeah, I lived outside of Scranton for a couple of months.’”

Click here to read the full article or pick up an issue today.

No comments: